The Chinese meal ginger chicken is cooked with lots of fresh ginger, garlic and onion. It is cooked in a thick sauce and eaten together over rice or noodles. It has a strong and delicious taste that originates from a trio of fresh aromatic classics that are most commonly that are most often used in Cantonese cuisine namely ginger, garlic and chives and it will make you want to eat it again and again
For the type of chicken, you’ll need, the chicken thigh part is undoubtedly better for longer-cooking recipes since it allows the sauce to thicken without drying out. On the other hand, chicken breasts, are preferable for quick cooking methods like frying and grilling. . Make sure any section of the chicken you use is low in fat and has no skin. To make your dinner healthy, choose organic chicken. Chicken thighs are more commonly used in this meal because it is essentially a ‘braise.’ Remove the chicken breasts, once they have cooked for a few minutes and re -insert once the sauce has thickened. You’ll get a chicken breast along with a melted and tender cooked sauce.
· 1.5 to 2kg boneless and skinless chicken, chopped into cubes
· 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil/ sesame oil
· 1 tablespoon sesame oil
· 5 to 6 stalks of chives thinly sliced. Save a few round pieces to add at the end of cooking.
· 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
· 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
· 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
· 4 tablespoons soy sauce
· 2 to 4 tablespoons garlic chili sauce, depending on the level of spiciness you want
· 1 tablespoon brown sugar
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch
· 1 cup of water
How to cook:
1. Drizzle vegetable oil/ sesame oil around the pan and heat it until it starts to smoke a little.
2. Add the crushed ginger, onion and garlic and fry for 15 seconds.
3. Place the chicken pieces in one layer and cook lightly only.
4. Wait for the aromatic ingredients to cook a bit before you add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and garlic and chilli sauce.
5. Combine corn flour with water, then put it in a pan and cook.
6. Stir and cook the dish until the sauce becomes shiny and thick.